06 Dec Membership – Transferring Interleague to Birmingham
Transferring into JLB
The Junior League of Birmingham, MI welcomes all women who wish to transfer their membership from their former League to the JLB.
The transfer process begins with your current League. Contact your current League administrator and let them know you would like to transfer your membership and details about your move date. Once your current League has initiated the transfer process, the Junior League of Birmingham, MI will reach out to you and let you know the next steps for membership transfer.
Once your transfer is approved, you will be welcomed into our organization and will be contacted by our Placement Chair, who will place you on an active committee and assign you an advisor who will help you navigate your transition. She will be available to answer any questions you might have and guide you on your path in the JLB.
We look forward to welcoming you to the metro Detroit area and to our League.
Transferring out of JLB
If you are moving to a new community or find you work or live closer to another Junior League and wish to transfer your membership, please reach out to your Placement LEAD and submit a Status Change Request through the Member Area of the website to begin the process. Only those members who are in good standing and current on their JLB dues and other financial obligations are eligible for transfer.
It is advisable to visit the website of the league you wish to transfer to, and learn about their transfer policies, as some leagues limit the number of transfers and others may have different membership requirements and obligations.
Transferring into JLB (July 1 – December 31)
- Member will receive a partial refund from the League you are leaving and will pay a portion of JLB membership less AJLI fee (Note: AJLI fee paid once a year per member and is transferred with the member). JLB also charges a Transfer fee of $33 to cover overhead and processing costs.
Transferring into JLB (January 1 – June 30)
- No dues will be refunded by the outgoing League and no dues collected by the incoming League for the current fiscal year. Member will owe a Transfer fee of $33 to cover overhead and processing costs.
- Member will need to pay membership dues for the next fiscal year, due March 1. If you transfer after the membership renewal date, you will NOT be charged a late fee.
Transferring out of JLB (July 1 – December 31)
- Member will receive a partial refund from JLB less AJLI fee and will owe a Transfer fee of $33 to JLB.
Transferring out of JLB (January 1 – June 30)
- No dues will be refunded by JLB and no dues collected by the incoming League for the current fiscal year. Member will owe a Transfer fee of $33 to cover overhead and processing costs.
- Member will need to pay membership dues to the incoming League for the next fiscal year. If you transfer after the membership renewal date, you will not be charged a late fee.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns.