10 Feb Membership – Join As A New Member 19-20
WHO ARE WE?
We are women from all walks of life: dreamers and believers from all parts of Oakland County, Michigan and beyond. We cross generations with the common goal of teaching women how to be leaders in their community. We do this through volunteer work targeted at solving some of our area’s most urgent needs. This diverse organization celebrates and welcomes women from all backgrounds as we firmly believe each member brings a unique perspective to our organization and enriches the League.
The Junior League of Birmingham, MI (JLB) is a diverse group of nearly 400 active and sustaining members who annually volunteer over 15,000 hours to service the projects and agencies supported by the JLB. Active members range in age from 22 to 55 and most are employed outside the home. Our members proudly serve on numerous boards and organizations throughout the community.
BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP
- Training for effective community service and leadership including issue awareness, fundraising, public relations, finance, advocacy and personal development
- Leadership opportunities to supplement your professional and personal development as well as build your resume
- Insight into community needs and the opportunity to contribute solutions
- Interaction and partnerships with community leaders and organizations to make an impact in your community
- Exposure to the problem solving, communication processes and administration for a non-profit organization
- Meet incredible, dynamic women with the chance for continued growth, personal fulfillment and lifelong friendships
- Membership transferability to the more then 290 Junior Leagues throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico, and Europe
JOIN THE JLB
The Junior League of Birmingham, Michigan welcomes all women who value our Mission. We are committed to inclusive environments of individuals, organizations and communities.
The JLB accepts New Member classes twice a year, in September and February. Each class is four months long and is designed to inspire and empower women to make a meaningful difference in their community. It is designed for women with busy schedules and serves as an informational period to learn about the JLB.
Criteria for Membership:
Women of at least 21 years of age who have an interest in developing their potential for voluntary community participation and a willingness to acquire the skills, knowledge and experience that will enable them to perform effective voluntary service in the community will be eligible for membership in the League.
New Member Requirements:
- Attend three (3) New Member Meetings
- Attend three (3) General Membership Meetings
- $100 fundraising requirement
- Complete 6+ volunteer hours
- Participate in New Member Community Project
- New Member Dues (Fall Class: $160; Winter Class: $100)
Interested in joining the JLB?
We are no longer accepting applications for the Winter 2020 class. Stay tuned for more information about our Summer recruitment events! To learn more about the JLB and how you can make an impact in your community, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org and check out our social media pages to stay up to date on our upcoming events.
We welcome anyone interested to attend our fundraisers and community-facing events. We hope to see you there!